Friday, February 1, 2008

DAY THREE!

I've figured at this point instead of starting off by stating how long the day was I will just say from this point on EVERY DAY is a LONG day and some even longer. Today I woke up a little bit later since I had signed up for the 7:15 shuttle. When we arrived at the hotel today we watched about an hour or so long powerpoint over the history over the company, which honestly was somewhat interesting. Although some of the terminology and background about the company was a little confusing at times. Proceeding that we took our City Code Test, which I truly thought would send me home b/c I would do so badly, but I surprisingly got 98% correct which wasn't too bad, although we did have two people get sent home today for making a 70% which according to training policy any person that receives a score of 70% or lower on ANY exam will be an automatic removal from the program. So this would be a key point to inform you NOT to mess around. Following that we all had about and hour and half lunch depending on what time you finished your exam. When we returned from lunch we had a compliance check to insure we had the required items on our person, which you know who...me failed! I forgot to bring my flash-light with me but we found out later that it was just a warning/reminder and no demerits were actually given. But by far the WORST part of the day was putting together our "FAM" (Flight Attendant Manual) which is mandated by the FAA and its about 3 inches thick filled with every piece of information you should know or be able to reference too. This manual is one of the most important items that we carry with us we were told, it is our bible to our career. It must be taken with us EVERY flight and if it is not present you will not be able to fly. In addition since it's mandated by the FAA, at any time aboard any flight a FAA Inspection Agent may ask to see your FAM and for EVERY mistake which includes but not limited too: ANY writing in the book, ANY missing pages, ANY stapled pages would result in a fine assessed at $1,000 for each fine and will be fined DIRECTLY to the individual and NOT the company. Although most instances the individual is not fined but just sent a letter from the FAA instructing the amount of the fee and corrections needed to fix the issue.  So as you can imagine its a vital resource. Lastly we reviewed some definitions for our Third test and that about summed up the entire day which ended around 7pm. Now for some of my little rants throughout the day.

My first one would defiantly have to be PAY ATTENTION, I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is for someone to ask a question that was answered TWO SECONDS ago, its holds the class up and most importantly its hold ME up.

STUDY STUDY STUDY, if this is not done for one you do not need to be here and for two you WILL fail

Also just an update I've found out that there will NOT be a graduation ceremony. Not too much else is going on and my I also just realized I may sound a little cranky or whatever you call it, but I'm just tired and going on like 5 hours of sleep for the past two days and trying to maintain my study skills. So just as a note FA School will kick your butt! Everyone have a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in case they expect you to pass a grammar test..."proceeding" is a noun which is not being used in the right context here. You could use "following" or "after" which would make more sense.

In the meantime, sounds like you need some sleep so you can keep up with the required level of study.

How come there is no graduation??

Are you getting Sunday off??

Will they let you all watch the Super Bowl game??

So many questions!!!!! Keep up the good work and congrats on the 98 today......

Ticket 4 Two said...

Congrats on making it this far! You are going to love flying!!!!! All the hard work will pay off once those paychecks and cool overnights start rolling in.... of course, I just got off a trip with back to back 12.5 hour days and SIX hour overnight. Sometimes you really hate Mother Nature....

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm Kelly, and I'm going to be starting training soon. I am keeping up with your posts and just wanted to tell you THANK YOU sooo much! This is really going to help me and so many others..you are inspiring me and getting me totally excited to be 'exhausted'!
Thanks again and please keep this going when you can...
:)