Thursday, January 31, 2008

SECOND DAY (FIRST DAY OF CLASS)

Wow what a lot of information today! Yet another long day, my day started off at 5am b/c I forgot to sign up for the later shuttle, so I was stuck with the 6:45am shuttle. Once we arrived at the other hotel  we all gathered in a large meeting room with about sixty of us all seated in alphabetical order. The instructors all introduced themselves and seem to be great people. They mostly went over expectations and rules followed by a lengthy presentation from HR discussing insurance, benefits, and tons more. Proceeding that we had an hour lunch break and we all found out that the training center that we all were told we would be moved too won't be ready until later next month, which means no microwave or fridge for our lunches which meant eating at the Food Court in the airport or the hotel restaurant. After we all ate we then started our fingerprinting followed by Test #1 which tested over our knowledge of the Boarding Announcement. As for the test don't stress, they are very easy going. Lastly was my least favorite part; drug testing. Now this is one of those things were you are either or your aren't comfortable being told to "pee." After my second time and 9 gallons of water later, I finally was able too. Probably TMI but it was the little laugh of the day in class. Toward the end of class we discussed the next day and prepared for Test #2 by playing City Code Jeopardy. Tonight I made it back to the hotel around 6pm. But I gotta finish this up b/c I have to REALLY gotta study my city codes tonight for tomorrows test, so I anticipate a long night studying with others.  

Just a few other things I left out:

-Seniority is based on the last four of your individual SSN, I was #18 out of 60. So I'm guessing thats good

-Pay attention, the instructors do not like to repeat themselves or speak over other people.

-Lastly PAY ATTENTION there is a lot to be learned!!!

  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything came out all right on your first day....finally.....HA!

anthony said...

hey - i can't wait to keep reading about your training. from all of us at "Company B" ... welcome!