Monday, February 4, 2008

DAYS FOUR & FIVE (REALLY SHORT AND QUICK)

Let me begin with that so much has been going on that I didn't have the the time to post two separate-detailed entries, on Saturday class started at the normal 8am time. I honestly can't tell you what I did in class that day b/c I was soo tired but I think that we talked about cabin signals and safety and a lot of math stuff which I zoned out on and almost fell asleep. We got back to the hotel around 430ish, and I entered my room and went immediately to bed and didn't wake up until later the next morning with only several minutes to spare to get ready for class on Sunday. We took a test over Saturday's material and I barely passed with an 90% but sadly our really good friend in our group was dismissed from the program which has been kinda sad, but it just again points how the importance of studying. I've also found out that out of the seven previous flight attendants in the room, keep in mind all from different airlines have all said that Chautauqua is by far the hardest to go through for several reasons. Anyway after the test we went over a lot of interesting safety procedures and etc. We got back to the hotel around 530 or so and we all went out for out first night out, since Monday's class doesn't start until 1230 but I'm going to bed b/c Im really tired and I will give a full update Monday night.

2 comments:

Ticket 4 Two said...

Yipes, I bet you are exausted! I've been through f/a training twice so I have a smidge of experiece. My favorite tips are:

1. Remember that this is still part of the job interview process.

2. Don't get caught up in any drama. I mean, these people are training to be flight attendants, so there will ALWAYS be drama.

3. Studing is more important than socializing.

4. Follow every direction to a "T".

5. Sleep whenever you can, take vitamens and eat healthy. Your body is under so much stress now is NOT the time to get sick....

You're doing great! Keep up the good work.....

Ashlie

Anonymous said...

Why did your friend get sent home? I think the advise Ashlie left in her comment to rest, study and stay away from drama mamas is solid advice.

This can be an excellent career and you deserve to have this opportunity. Be sure you earn it!