Thursday, February 21, 2008

2.21.07 "I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW"

Well here we go again. For some of you that may not know the airline I originally applied with in the beginning  "Colgan Air" well after leaving Chautauqua and finding out they would not allow me back I applied like crazy all over well low and behold Colgan Air called me back for a "second interview" and today I received the job to go to training in March. Now before some of you out there say "turn away" or anything like that hear me out. I feel that this is a GREAT company to start with. They just got unionized and got bought out by "Pinnacle Airlines Corp." Which brings great potential and upgrades for the company. The ONLY drawback with Colgan is they only fly Turbo-Props (the aircrafts with propellors) at THIS time, they eventually would be getting the CRJ's from their Holding company "Pinnacle" So I just wanted to let everyone know that once again I will be doing the training thing again and I WILL be "head down, staying down" studying. Watch for updates, and thanks to everyone for their support; family, friends and you guys! Oh-yea one last thing I WILL be based in my home town, so that works out even better!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, I am leaving next week for training at Republic and after what happened to you I am scared to death, Any tips.

SWILLIS said...

To the person who is training with Republic I will just say keep your head up high, avoid the drama and study at night, in the morning and on the way to training if you need it. And I know this might sound rude or mean but honestly in my experience with myself and others in the class the company does not care if you fail. They will NOT bend the rules for you. So if you make an 89 on your final then guess what? Your going HOME, They view it as the amount of people that come through there if someone fails its just another failure in their eyes. I know that might sound bad and Im not trying to trash the company but just be advised.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!! Congratulations! You better keep this blog going I just love it!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to blog your way through. I learned alot about the industry reading in.

...and remember...

Except for time and intense pressure a diamond would still be a lump of coal.....

Anonymous said...

Big Fatty Congratulations!!!!

I wish you a perfect traing experience, and that you get exactly what you desire!

Ticket 4 Two said...

Not having to commute is worth its weight in gold! Go you!