Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TRAINING IS ALMOST AROUND THE CORNER...

Five months ago I would have never have begun to fathom the idea of myself becoming a Flight Attendant, and I still cant. Lets start with the fact that I was a normal college student doing the college thing, until I moved back home trying to refocus my studies and debating if I should work full time or part time and school and just a whole mess of things until I came across job listing for a small airline which we will call "Company A." Well I got invited to an interview with "Company A" and everything seemed like it went well I was really excited to begin work, until I got the run around about a new training program being started and they wouldn't start this until several months later. At the time needing a job and facing financial hardships I declined to wait. Several weeks later my financial burdens were solved by another source but I still needed a job, the idea of a Flight Attendant still was in my mind, but who to work for at the age of nineteen. As many might not know most commercial airlines don't hire until the age of "21" nevertheless I wasn't giving up. Then came along "Company B" I read several bulletins about them, spoke to different people who worked for them and heard great things, next step was to sign up. I completed my online application and was invited for a "Open-House/Interview" in a very cold city up in the North, all expenses except for the hotel which had a discounted rate at forty dollars a night. After waiting a couple of days I got the call that they wanted to invite to attend a three week training with the company, I was overwhelmed with excitement, but told the recruiter I would call her back the next day with my answer, she understood that it was a very big decision to make and to take my time. Well jump forward to January 29th, 2007 the day before I fly out to training and begin my new life. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im intersted in becoming a flight attendant im living here in houston Tx and i just dont know where to start any advise or the best schools that are in the area? if so can you please email me and let me know a little more info. Thanks drodgers@uh.edu